Simms Superstars are Going for the Gold!
Highlights of Simms Elementary
Home of the Superstars
- Texas Education Agency Exemplary School 2001-2002
- Texas Education Agency Recognized School 1999-2000,2000-2001, 2008-2009
- Region IV Education Service Center model/demonstration site for America Learn & Serve Grant, including the following campus project: Outdoor learning center/habitat with pond, bird sanctuary, and seating for outdoor classroom.
- A web-site connection through www.myschoollife.com that promotes private two-way communication between home and school.
- A real yellow school bus inside that serves as a reading room.
- Student incentives for attendance, behavior and academic progress/success.
- Accelerated Reading Program (ARP) to motivate students to read. Students can shop the "General Store" to exchange reading "points" for merchandise.
- Breakfast for all students in the classroom each morning from 7:30-8:00 to ensure a good start for learning.
- School Store
- Student Employees (Hall Monitors, School Store Clerk, and Office Assistants)
- Small group instruction
- In-School/After School Tutorial